Leci Construction Ltd. recognise that concern for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of the business. We are aware of the impact of our day-to-day operations on the environment; our objective is to balance the need to achieve our business aims with an effort towards sustainable environmental improvement, which can be measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
Company management have a specific responsibility for policy development, coordination and evaluation of performance. The environmental policy will be maintained and upheld by the designated managers to meet the commitment. Environmental aspects of our processes and activities will be effectively managed in order to protect the health & safety of our employees, customers and the public whilst contributing to the future wellbeing of the environment.
We will undertake to provide the necessary training and support to all employees to ensure that they understand and are able to fulfill the relevant aspects of the policy in their day-to day work. The policy shall be publicly available. We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement and in particular will:
- Set clear obj ctives and targets with the aim of ensuring continual improvement of the company’s environmental performance and management system.
- Conduct our operations to ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Conduct our operations to comply with other requirements.
- Show a continual commitment to the prevention of pollution through the use of operational controls, training and risk assessment;
- Make efficient use of resources, reuse rather than dispose where possible and promote the use of recycled materials.
- Improve waste management and reduce waste to landfill where possible.
- Continually aim to minimise energy consumption through effective energy management.
- Reduce wherever practicable the level of uncontrolled atmospheric emissions.
- Manage and control effluent discharges arising from our operations.
The system provides a framework for quality objectives through regular Management Review.
Appropriate resources will continually be made available to ensure that the environmental policy is implemented in full through managerial vigilance and regular audit and review.