Health and safety
In accordance with its duty under Section 2 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to employees, visitors, neighbours, contractors and the general public who may be affected by our activities which include the design of contract lifts, maintenance of lifting equipment, undertaking of lifting operations and the supply of competent lifting operations personnel Leci Construction ltd (the company) has produced the following statement of policy in respect of health, safety and welfare concerns.
Our statement of general policy is: -
- Complianc with current legislation
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with employees on matters affecting their health and safety at work
- The provision of adequate first aid and welfare facilities at work
- To minimisation of waste and the prevention of contamination
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To provide information, instruction and supervision to employees
- To ensure that employees are competent to do their task and to provide them with training
- To ensure the safe handling and use of substances
- To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health
- To maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- The investigation of accidents and incidents that lead to loss
- To review and revise this policy as necessary on a regular basis (of no longer than every two years)
Full and final responsibility for health & safety rests with the company, notwithstanding duties delegated to other individuals or groups. It will act with due diligence to ensure that all effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and reviews of preventative and protective measures take place.
It is to be noted that the company works as a sub-contractor and labour agent in the construction fields, as such the Principle Contractor’s rules and policies will take primacy over Leci Construction requirements should there be a clash in the requirements however the senior Leci Construction operative has a duty to inform senior management of the issue.
Name: Besmir Leci
Position: Managing Director
Date: 31st January, 2020